Planning Ahead.One of the most re-occouring themes we see when dealing with event coordinators, venue owners and talent buyers is that they fail to plan out ahead. In order to secure a band or speciality act, you need to pre-plan. Solid acts book out a minimum of 3 months in advance, speciality acts such as German Polka bands and Irish musicians book Oktoberfest and Saint Patricks Day a year in advance. So if your venue or corporation is looking to host an event then you need to start researching right away. The longer you wait, the less chance you will have at obtaining entertainment that will take your special event to the next level.Here are some questions to consider before contacting a booking agent or musician.
- Will the event be held indoors or outdoors?
- Location/ Date/ Time?
- Will sound be provided?
- Will lighting be provided?
- How long will the event be?
- How long would you like the band to play for? ( Most bands play 3 to 4 hours, max )
- Will a stage be present?
- If the gig is outside will the stage be covered in case of inclement weather?
- What is your budget for the evening?
- Are you willing to cover travel expenses?
- Would you like the band to make any announcements throughout the night?
- How will the payment be received?
- If this is a public event how do you plan on marketing it ?If you need further insight into hosting an event please feel free to contact us at 813-482-5646
2/18/18 - Jonnie Morgan @ Seaworld
3/10/18 - Bryan Malpass Band @ Seaworld
3/11/18 - Oceanstone @ Safety Harbor Seafood Festival